This RIHS service, which is funded by a grant through the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board, is for eligible young adults between the ages of 16 and 24. The services are free of charge. RIHS works closely with the Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board (WIB) and Pennsylvania CareerLink to provide young adult education and training.
Young Adult CareerSTEPS Eligibility Factors
- Have you received your high school diploma or GED?
- Are you unclear of what your financial future holds?
- Have you dropped out of high school and are not sure if you can still reach your career goals?
- Are you in the process of obtaining your GED and want to put your hobbies and interests to good use?
- Are you underemployed or unemployed and want more out of your career, but you are not quite sure of how to get there?
- Are you interested in post-secondary education or a training program?
- Needing help acquiring basic skills
- Having a disability such as a learning disability, mental illness, and/or substance abuse
- Working at a low wage or not working at all
- Having dropped out of high school
- Wanting to be more independent with your living arrangements
- Having a past history or current involvement with any type of probation, whether it is juvenile or adult
- Having a past history or current involvement with the foster care system
- Pregnant or already parenting
- Needing remediation, adult literacy, and/or another training program
- Residing in Westmoreland or Fayette County