This is a full-time non-exempt position that performs confidential administrative support to Administrative Unit of RIHS. The primary goal of this position is to provide efficient and effective support service to the organization, achieving goals and objectives that will assist in meeting RIHS’s Mission and Vision. Essential duties include various tasks and assignments in Administrative Unit, as well as, tasks assigned as needed for special projects. Duties and responsibilities of this position will require working closely with the RIHS Management Entity of WCSI. Based on the job duties and responsibilities, this position is expected to maintain strict confidentiality. The primary work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM with a ½ hour lunch, unless otherwise agreed upon
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the scope of Administration efforts:
- Provide confidential and administrative support for RIHS.
- Perform functions of routine office duties, such as filing, copying, scanning, tracking, purchase requisitions and ordering office supplies
- Coordination of Maintenance/Cleaning
- Coordination of Agency Vehicles (i.e. inspection; scheduling)
- Initial processing of Travel Vouchers/Stipends/Incentives
- Coordination of IT Issues
- Maintain Inventory/Fixed Asset Tracking
- Duties related to COVID-19
Within the scope of Compliance/Quality/Medical Records, this position will:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Management Entity.
- Forward all incident reporting to Management Entity for review and analysis.
- Maintain the incident database and generate monthly reporting to Management Entity for review and follow up.
- Provide OnBase Charting for Medical Records
- Process requests for information from Medical Records
Within the scope of Human Resources Responsibilities in collaboration with RIHS Management Entity, this position will:
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as recruitment; staffing; and performance evaluations.
- Examine employee personnel files, in order to obtain information for employee authorized persons/outside entities, such as financial companies; real estate companies; reference check entity.
- Arrange and Coordinate Random Employee Drug Screen.
- Arrange and Coordinate completion of Employee Clearances that are due to expire.
- Prepare ID’s for all employees and visitors.
- Provide clerical and back-up support to the Management Entity as related to Benefits; FMLA; Worker’s Compensation and Open Enrollment.
- Prepare Vacancy Notices. Develop, arrange, and/or communicate employment advertising/posting of job vacancies.
- Maintain Applicant Tracking
- Process and Review Resumes, evaluating qualifications/eligibility of applicants.
- Schedule Interviews and Conduct Interview Testing
- Answer general questions regarding testing, compensation, benefits, and other pertinent applicant information.
- Contact employment and personal references of employment candidates.
- Compose and send applicable post interview outcome e-mails.
- Coordinate post-offer pre-employment screenings, such as drug screens and physicals.
- Schedule and coordinate completion of New Employee Paperwork; Clearances; Transcripts/Diploma; I-9’s; County 21’s.
- Generate appropriate job description
- Provide training, during NEO, as related to areas of responsibility.
- Entry of all associated information related to Recruitment and On-Boarding.
- Perform all necessary data entry, as related to employee action changes, such as: hiring; promotions; reassignments; demotions
- Review and ensure accuracy of data entry, for purposes of HR records and payroll processing
- Perform all necessary entries and reviews, as related to areas of responsibility, for payroll processing.
- Ensure accuracy of information.
General duties and responsibilities will include:
- Tracking and analyzing data, within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain filing within all areas of responsibility, including compliance, quality, projects, grants and outreach and training.
- Generate reports and provide initial analysis of data, as related to areas of responsibility.
- Provide administrative support in order to compose and type letters, memoranda and other correspondence related to assigned responsibilities and activities.
- Additional duties, may be assigned, as deemed necessary.
Job Activities that are associated with this Position:
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain over time.
- Communication with Managers, Supervisors, and Peers, providing information by phone, via e-mail, or in person.
- Advanced utilization of computers and computer systems (hardware; software; web-based).
- Performing daily administrative tasks, such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Developing specific individual goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work responsibilities.
- Observing, receiving, and processing information from various modalities.
- Using relevant information and individual judgement to determine whether events, actions or processes comply with existing policies/regulations/standards.
- Communicating with people outside of the organization, representing RIHS, as an initial contact for the public; providers; clients and other external sources.
- Compile; categorize; calculate; tabulate; audit or verify information or data.
Work Collaboration and/or Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position is directly supervised by the RIHS Management Entity. This position will require working directly with and in collaboration with the Delegated Services Team, while providing support to the CareerSteps Team as directed. This position may also get direction from the Executive Director as needed for additional administrative support. Level of independence will be based on assessment of the Manager in collaboration with the Management Entity, as related to assignments. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Experience, and Education Requirements
Associates Degree with two (2) years of advanced clerical experience or four (4) years of advanced clerical experience or Bachelor’s Degree. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and training, which reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the position, will be considered.
Within the scope of this position, candidate will have knowledge of:
- Advanced clerical and administrative procedures and systems, to include data entry; analysis, filing and record management; meeting agendas/minutes.
- Structure and content of the English language, including spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Principles and processes for providing Human Resources services to employees, to include quality and satisfaction of services.
- Mathematical principles, including the application of statistics.
- Methods and techniques for basic report preparation and writing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Proof of Valid Auto Insurance
- Act 34; PA Criminal Record Clearance
- Act 33; Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- Monthly Screening of PA-DHS Medicheck List; List of Excluded Individuals/Entities–US DHHS (LEIE) and SAM—Excluded Parties List.
Skill and Ability Requirements:7
Within the scope of this position, candidate will have the ability to:
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Compose correspondence and compile and arrange data in a readable and comprehensible manner.
- Combine pieces of information to form general conclusions.
- Exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Work with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone.
- make accurate arithmetic calculations.
Within the scope of this position, candidate will have the skill to:
- Identify or detect a pattern (words; data) that is hidden in other distracting information.
- Apply principles of time management.
- Apply principles of work organization.
- Assess the importance/value/quality of tasks/assignments and apply principles of prioritization.
- Review information ask pertinent questions and evaluate to obtain the best solution.
Environment, Physical and Mental Conditions:
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. with extensive employee contact and frequent interruptions. Work may be required outside the office environment in relation to needs of the organization. This can include overnight travel. Exposure to outside weather conditions will exist. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting, to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist; to lift and carry light to moderate (15 pounds) amounts of weight, to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Requires the ability to see, within the normal vision range, with or without correction. Requires the ability to hear, within the normal audio range, with or without correction.
Mental: Work responsibilities will require excellent problem-solving skills and organizational skills. Will be exposed to situations which are urgent or emergent, which may require immediate action. Responsibilities require multi-tasking, with extensive employee contact and frequent interruptions, which could be time sensitive and/or have deadlines. Will require management of requests and situations that occur at the same time.
Reasonable Accommodation: It is RIHS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with disabilities.